Actor Sofiane Bennacer, indicted in October in Mulhouse for the alleged rapes of two former companions and violence against a third, proclaimed his innocence on Wednesday November 23, while the Caesars decided against his will to exclude him from the race for the 2023 Best Male Newcomer nominations.
The Academy decided that “the information published by the press since November 22 (…), ordered, without prejudice to the presumption of innocence and out of respect for the alleged victims, to remove it from the list of 32 Revelations for the César 2023”she said this Wednesday evening in a press release.
The sequel after the ad
Reveal of the latest film by Valeria Bruni-Tedeschi, “The Almond Trees”the 25-year-old actor nevertheless wanted “continue to compete for the Cesars”.
“Les Amandiers”, “Coma”, “la Maison”… Films to see (or not) this week
“I am innocent (…) Does the presumption of innocence still exist? Or are we in a state of lawlessness, a state where the simple baseless accusation can destroy a life? », he launched in a long message on Instagram. He had already disputed the facts during his indictment.
“I may be boycotted by the cinema. Either way I got humiliated deep in my soul […]. I’m going to be free in a few months because I haven’t done anything […]. If there was any evidence against me, not just bogus testimonies, real evidence, I would already be in prison.he added.
Four complaints filed
According to the prosecutor of Mulhouse, “There were two indictments for acts of rape” on two ex-girlfriends as well as a third “Indictment for spousal abuse”. As part of a fourth complaint filed by another ex-girlfriend who denounced acts of rape, Sofiane Bennacer was placed under the more favorable status of assisted witness.
The sequel after the ad
Valeria Bruni Tedeschi: “I think I was in love with Chéreau”
The National Theater of Strasbourg (TNS), where he had been admitted, had seized the Ministry of Culture of the facts “gender-based, sexual violence and harassment”, according to “the Parisian”. The Ministry of Culture then made a report to the courts, said the prosecutor, without specifying the date.
The actor was placed in detention under judicial supervision, said the prosecutor, meaning that his prosecution had initially requested his temporary placement.
Benjamin Morel, administrator of the TNS, told AFP on Wednesday that “it was Sofiane Bennacer who made the decision to resign on February 19, 2021, after the allegations were brought against him”.